AFRIQ BRAKE FLUID DOT 4
Afriq Brake Fluid Dot 4 is heavy duty synthetic brake fluid blended mainly from glycol ethers and poly-glycols and contains corrosion and oxidation inhibitors to enhance its natural corrosion and chemical stability. It exceeds the two internationally recognised American Standards, viz., SAE J1703 and DOT 4 (Department of Transportation, USA). It also exceeds the requirements of the South African Government’s Compulsory Standard Specification (Gazette No. 4562) and passes all important tests specified for brake fluids, e.g. fluidity at low temperatures, evaporation, water tolerance, compatibility, resistance to oxidation and effect on rubber.
Afriq Brake Fluid Dot 4 is recommended for use in both disc and drum brake systems requiring both DOT 3 and DOT 4 fluids. It is also used in clutch hydraulic systems.
SAE J 1703, DOT 4, S.A. Government mandatory requirements.
- Firm braking pressure under all service conditions
- Excellent chemical stability and freedom from gummy deposits
- High boiling point to prevent vapour forming in brake systems
- Protects metals and rubbers used in hydraulic brake and clutch systems
- Compatible with other brake fluids meeting Compulsory Government Standards